Today, Talos is thrilled to announce a $40 million Series A financing round led by Andreessen Horowitz that includes investments from PayPal Ventures, Fidelity Investments, Galaxy Digital, Elefund, Illuminate Financial, and STEADFAST Capital Ventures. We’re also excited to see continued participation from our early investors: Castle Island Ventures, Notation Capital, Autonomous Partners, and Initialized Capital.
We are very fortunate to partner with some of the most prominent players in global financial markets to deliver the ecosystem required for the evolution of digital assets. The new capital will help us accelerate the growth of our team and services in order to meet strong institutional demand.
At Talos, we believe that crypto is an emerging and transformative asset class and that institutions will continue to play a crucial role in helping it achieve its true potential. Over the past 2 years, our team has been working hard to provide a platform that allows institutional investors to interact with digital assets in a familiar environment, where safety, stability, and efficiency are critical.
We’ve built connectivity, algorithmic execution, settlement, reporting, data and other tools that enable our clients not only to trade digital assets safely and reliably end-to-end, but also to provide their customers with this same high degree of functionality. In return, we’ve seen significant growth in our client base, but even more importantly, we’ve seen how our technology can empower our existing clients to grow their respective businesses.
Of course, all of this begs the question, what do we plan to do with $40 million? Much work is still ahead. Talos will use this financing round to accelerate our growth in the following areas:
- Broadening our liquidity network. Talos will continue to expand its liquidity network with support for more exchanges, liquidity providers and product types. We’re also enhancing our stack to provide the best set of tools for trade execution.
- Global expansion. The demand for our services in APAC, EMEA and LatAm only continues to grow. To meet this demand and truly address the requirements of our clients in these geographies, we are working on hiring dedicated teams in each of these regions.
- Full trade lifecycle support. Talos goes beyond trade execution. Upcoming features will enable our clients to borrow, lend and settle, all within the same platform — creating a seamless and capital-efficient investment workflow.
- Institutional services. We provide 24/7 client services, account management, hands-on technical support, and real-time reporting and analyses to our institutional clients. As our client base grows, we will continue to expand the team and the services we provide.
- Pushing the boundaries. We are closely following the evolution of DeFi in verticals like liquidity, yield and composability as well as the tokenization of more traditional asset classes. We maintain a high bar of safety, transparency and compliance for our clients, and when the time is right we will make these new offerings accessible to our clients.
Unequivocally, over the past year and a half we’ve witnessed a fundamental shift in institutional sentiment and adoption of digital assets. Institutional players are here, and our technology is helping many of them play a meaningful role in the evolution of the crypto ecosystem. That wasn’t the case when we started Talos two and a half years ago, and we could not have gotten to where we are today without the help from our early investors, our first clients and our employees. You bought into the vision and have walked this path with us every step of the way. Thank you all very much.
This is a pivotal moment in history that presents a rare opportunity to not only participate in the emergence of a new asset class, but perhaps in the evolution of the entire financial ecosystem. If you want to take part in this exciting journey, this is the time. Get in touch or join us.
Anton Katz, CEO
Ethan Feldman, CTO